- Although we have worked with many of the businesses and vendors on this list and had great experiences with most of them, there are a few that we are not familiar with. This list is not meant as a “recommendation”, and therefore we encourage you to research vendors/look at reviews, and ask questions.
*Any pricing listed is subject to change based on the vendor’s discretion and is only listed with the intent of being a helpful resource.
Information about the Town of Farmville: https://farmvilleva.com
(If you have out-of-town guests, please look into this ASAP, as things book up far in advance if Longwood University or Hampden Sydney College has an event - up to a year in advance)
- The Lake House– on the other side of the lake (10 minute drive by car on main roads) https://carolynbaldwinlakepavilion.com/the-lake-house
- High Bridge Lodge and Cabins. Approx. 10 minutes from venue. 804-338-8211 http://www.highbridgelodgeandcabins.com/Cedar-Ridge-Lodge.html
- Hampton Inn. Farmville, VA. Approx. 10-15 minutes from venue. (*Block off rooms ASAP. Books up fast and far in advance! Apparently, they won’t take reservations more than a year in advance, so you have to plan to block off rooms right at a year in advance, especially if there’s a Longwood University or Hampden Sydney College event) http://hamptoninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/virginia/hampton-inn-farmville-FMVVAHX/index.html 434-392-8826
- Hotel Weyanoke. Across from Longwood University Campus. Historic property. Approx. 10-15 minutes from venue. 757-345-0051 https://www.hotelweyanoke.com
- Holiday Inn Express. Next to Hampton Inn, near Sunchase Cinema. Approx. 10-15 mintues from the venue. 434-392-4040 https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/us/en/farmville/lyhfm/hoteldetail
- Tru by Hilton. 434-414-1500. Near Wal-Mart. Approx. 10-15 minutes from the venue
- Sandy River Retreat. Cabin and house rental. Rice, VA. Approx. 15-20 minutes from venue. They do not open up rooms until a certain time period before the date, so if something is showing up as “not available”, you might want to call them to double check http://www.sandyriverretreat.com Phone: 434-392-7275
- Bear Creek Lake State Park. Cabin rental/campground. Cumberland, VA. Approx. 20-25 minutes from venue. http://www.dcr.virginia.gov/state-parks/bear-creek-lake#cabins_camping 804-492-4410
- The Catalpa Inn. https://www.facebook.com/TheCatalpaInn (434) 574-8896
- The Inn of Barrow Street. Approx. 10-15 minutes from venue. https://www.innofbarrowstreet.com (434) 547-3441
- There’s also a Comfort Inn (434-392-8163), Days Inn (434-392-6611), & Super 8 (434-392-8196). Also, Airbnb.com, Vrbo.com have some nice options in the Farmville area.
Make sure to check the distance of any accommodation you are considering in relation to the address of the venue (196 Cooks Rd, Farmville, VA 23901).
This list is not meant as a “recommendation”, and therefore we encourage you to research vendors/look at reviews, and ask questions.
REHEARSAL DINNER LOCATIONS
(if you prefer somewhere other than the pavilion)
· Kimberly Kelly. https://virginiasweetheartofficiant.com, 434-260-4048
· Jeremiah Dillan. *make sure to mention that Joanna at the Carolyn Baldwin Lake Pavilion sent you. He offers a special discounted rate for couples getting married at our venue. 804-873-6083 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
· Cory Newell https://www.hamptonroadsweddingpastor.com/
*Any pricing listed is subject to change based on the vendor’s discretion and is only listed with the intent of being a helpful resource